Afternoon Links: David Lynch and Trent Reznor Make Seizure-Inducing Magic Together
David Lynch and Nine Inch Nails have come together again. Lynch directed the video for “Came Back Haunted,” which somewhat unsurprisingly comes with a seizure warning and jiggly faces intercut with images of bug children and freaky masks. Lynch’s and Reznor’s paths have crossed before — “The Perfect Drug” was written for Lost Highway — but their styles are so complementary that fans are always coming up with new ways to smush their art together during their down time. Why not make it a trio and give Carly Rae Jepsen a call? Too crazy, maybe?
- Bert and Ernie canoodling on the DOMA-themed cover of The New Yorker is either “amazing” or “infantilizing and offensive.” National Review Online is ready to swear off sexless puppet romance altogether.
- Wonky eyes and cheap suits: an adventure at the worst wax museum ever.
- Hannibal courts David Bowie.
- OWN as the last-resort network for dead series.
- Plinko day is coming! That’s a game for communists, right?
- Boy Meets World meets Illuminati.
- Rare sightings of lady pairs in the wild.
- The Academy sends out 276 exclusive invitations.
- “I stole a horse when I was thirteen.” “Did you take it as a lover?” “No I took it to Santa Ana.”
- See you in line for the Jacob’s Ladder remake, four people besides me who care.
- Just stacking up sticks of butter like dominoes. Plink, plink, plinko, plonk.
- Subheadline of the day: Where There’s a Will, There’s a Bidet.
- The Chateau Marmont vs. Defamer.
- The Clear History trailer has arrived.
- I’m the weekend: AMA!