Afternoon Links: David Lynch and Trent Reznor Make Seizure-Inducing Magic Together
David Lynch and Nine Inch Nails have come together again. Lynch directed the video for “Came Back Haunted,” which somewhat unsurprisingly comes with a seizure warning and jiggly faces intercut with images of bug children and freaky masks. Lynch’s and Reznor’s paths have crossed before — “The Perfect Drug” was written for Lost Highway — but their styles are so complementary that fans are always coming up with new ways to smush their art together during their down time. Why not make it a trio and give Carly Rae Jepsen a call? Too crazy, maybe?
- Bert and Ernie canoodling on the DOMA-themed cover of The New Yorker is either “amazing” or “infantilizing and offensive.” National Review Online is ready to swear off sexless puppet romance altogether.
- Wonky eyes and cheap suits: an adventure at the worst wax museum ever.
- Hannibal courts David Bowie.
- OWN as the last-resort network for dead series.
- Plinko day is coming! That’s a game for communists, right?
- Boy Meets World meets Illuminati.
- Rare sightings of lady pairs in the wild.
- The Academy sends out 276 exclusive invitations.
- “I stole a horse when I was thirteen.” “Did you take it as a lover?” “No I took it to Santa Ana.”
- See you in line for the Jacob’s Ladder remake, four people besides me who care.
- Just stacking up sticks of butter like dominoes. Plink, plink, plinko, plonk.
- Subheadline of the day: Where There’s a Will, There’s a Bidet.
- The Chateau Marmont vs. Defamer.
- The Clear History trailer has arrived.
- I’m the weekend: AMA!
More from Tess Lynch
More David Bowie
More Hollywood Prospectus
“Actually, the last thing we shot with Matthew [McConaughey], which was really great because we got to surprise him, was from episode seven when Marty’s watching the video tape Rust stole from the Tuttle house and Matthew has his back to Woody. We start rolling and I keep it going and we gather the entire crew right outside the storage unit. We slammed the doors open, which kind of shocked him for a second, and then the whole crew was there to clap for him. It was pretty awesome.”