Afternoon Links: Check Out the Long-Lost Hercules: The Legendary Journeys Spin-off Game of Thrones
Another show gets ninety-fived: It’s Game of Thrones’ turn to don the vintage shirt.
- Someone live-tweeted Benedict Cumberbatch’s every move. I think we should blame Andy Cohen. Not just for this, for everything. In another corner of Twittertown, celebrities now have to watch themselves with sponsored missives, says the FTC: “To illustrate its point, the FTC used a fictional celebrity it called Juli Starz.” More fictional celebrities, now that you mention it, would improve this link dump and all of our lives in general. Work on that, world.
- I am sure you care deeply about the new Pope. He is not Diplo.
- On the day of its launch (as of 1 p.m. PDT) the Veronica Mars movie has already come close to completing its Kickstarter goal.
- Broad City, co–executive produced by Amy Poehler, gets a green light from Comedy Central.
- Spring Breakers is “among the perviest movies ever made — although by spelling out why, I fear I’ll only make some people want to see it more.” Don’t care for pervy? (Yes you do.) Just look at this wig instead.
- Mourning Justin Bieber’s hamster.
- A short film from Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and another inspired by Back to the Future.
- What does food taste like in space? Short answer: not great.
- My goal has always been to terrify you.