Afternoon Links: Breaking Bad Ready to Reboot, Only in Spanish, and With Different Characters
Yesterday we saw the character posters for Metastasis, Univision’s Spanish-language adaptation of Breaking Bad. They looked … cool? Fine? As does this trailer? I’m fairly sure the opinion of any American who just finished watching AMC’s series means less than nothing to Univision. What can I say? “They better have twists! Marie better wear blue this time!” “They better keep it the same! I’m skeptical of this cooking-on-a–school bus business.” No. I’ve got nothing. I’m sure it’ll be a lovely, upsetting experience for many millions of humans who speak Spanish and who haven’t seen BrBa and are utterly unfamiliar with its plot.
- A bit more BrBa — we will never run out of BrBa — Walter White will live forever: Vince Gilligan told Bob Odenkirk that Better Call Saul will be “slightly more dark than it is funny.”
- The posters for David O. Russell’s very starry American Hustle are too good; I’m buying four more laptops so I can have each character as a desktop background.
- Yeezus was one of the last records Paul McCartney bought. I’m returning those new laptops to buy a time machine and a become-a-fly-on-the-wall machine so I can watch the dude who cowrote “I Want to Hold Your Hand” as he hears “I’m in It” for the first time.
- MTV is giving The Challenge a 25th season, Wilfred will wrap after Season 4, and Sleepy Hollow got renewed.
- Remember when Chris Brown and Rihanna mysteriously started making music and hanging out again, just for the love of the music, not at all so people would pay tons of attention? We now present Chris Brown in the studio with Drake.
- Elizabeth Olsen is in The Avengers: Age of Ultron. She’s the [spoiler] Scarlet [SPOILER] … Witch!
- Jennifer Lawrence stays winning: “If anybody even tries to whisper the word ‘diet,’ I’m like, ‘You can go fuck yourself.’”
- Why would you not want to watch Maria Bamford and Judd Apatow discuss the ’90s as seen through Vanity Fair? You would not not want to watch that.
- Key & Peele had a Django Unchained Mandingo fight sketch last night; Vulture was on set when they filmed it.
- Spielberg’s kids, evidently DJs, signed with Jay Z. (I used to work near Theo at AOL/HuffPo. Didn’t DJ at his desk much.)
- And Katy Perry can’t just keep getting naked! It’s not like she’s Rihanna or something!