Afternoon Links: Billie Joe Armstrong Is a Real Actor Now
Billie Joe Armstrong has been very busy since he completed treatment for substance abuse early last year: Green Day resumed its touring schedule, there are two Green Day documentaries in the works, and oh yeah, Armstrong just signed on to play Leighton Meester’s boyfriend in the “indie drama” (with an indie drama title) Like Sunday, Like Rain. Adam Sandler has an upcoming indie drama too, The Cobbler, but in the battle of sixth-grade school dance chart hits, “Hanukkah Song” stands no chance against anything from the Armstrong catalog. So, moving right along: Armstrong is 41 and Meester is 27, but no one curr in the comments on Deadline’s exclusive, because “OMIGOD BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG. OMIGOD. *BREATHE* DIES.”
- The best item in the Petco Star Wars line is probably the Boba Fett dog hoodie. #dogsinhoodies
- Funny or Die takes on the Chipotle ad that made you cry.
- Someone please let him sit down.
- The Smiths are shutting down the awesome Peanuts mash-up “This Charming Charlie.”
- We’re going to need a bigger bang.
- Ahh! Remember the Pillow People?
- Don’t tread on Zooey’s crosswalk.
- The Tupac biopic is gathering some steam.
- The National Book Awards long list is here.
- “This is done to protect Britney, and so she won’t be asked any awkward questions.” — But who protected her from barfing on a helicopter? NO ONE.
- Does my ass look fat in this Nicki Minaj for Kmart graphic-print jumpsuit? Oh wait, that was the point. OK, cool.
- You can pay $1,275 to sleep on top of a stove in Harlem.
- Ellen sui Generes.
- What now? A Gallagher brother was unfriendly?
- Cate Blanchett is set to make her directorial debut with The Dinner.
- TV on the Radio’s Tunde Adebimpe gave a really charming Q&A with New York magazine: “Every so often my wife and I make pizzas with whatever’s left in the fridge. Once we ended up with Swiss cheese–and-olive pizza. That was not good at all.”