Afternoon Links: As Always, It’s a Good Idea to Hear Shia’s Side of the Story
Shia LaBeouf appeared on Letterman and spoke about his Broadway beouf with Alec Baldwin. “Now what did you do to him?” asked Letterman, a friend of Baldwin’s. Short answer: two impulsive people clashing and creating “fireworks,” tension between the two “as men — not as artists, but as men,” and definitely not the PR-generated “creative differences” that were cited as the reason behind LaBeouf’s departure. But we knew that already.
- Obviously, Game of Thrones has been renewed for a fourth season.
- “It is perhaps ironic that someone so famous for her curves could deliver her lines so flatly.”
- In the game of tattoo roulette, everyone loses.
- U mad? U want 2 B mad? Your favorite director is almost definitely not on this list, and the best drama was, of course, omitted from this one. Lists just serve as seeds for crowd-sourcing conversations that begin with “I can’t believe you left off [X], you pieces of crap. Cancel my subscription to your blog. STOP TROLLING ME.”
- It’s time for Britney baseball!
- Beyoncé and André 3000 covered “Back to Black” for the Great Gatsby soundtrack.
- R.I.P., Jess Franco, director of Vampyros Lesbos and Venus in Furs.
- “This video was the kind of thing they would have done on Smash. You know, before it was moved to Saturdays.” Zing.
- TMZ is getting sued for bugging a courtroom.
- Feelin’ 32.
- NSFW Flaming Lips/Bon Iver music video featuring a man-faced baby, lyrics about robot dogs, and bloody, naked people holding brains.
- Mary Roach, keep doing you: “Working her way to the anus, she makes a stop along the tour to discuss the rectum in all its glory as a storage facility.”
- The onesie complex.
- Funky sea lion named Ronan.
- Taking the green line into the Mario Pipe Maze.