Welcome back to our 30 for 30 documentary short series.
Each year, everyone from front-office executives to sports-radio callers ridicules the logic of the MLB schedule. Complaints aside, putting this together is a daunting task: 30 teams, 162 games a year, cross-country flights, night games, day games … you name it. So, who manages all of this? For almost a quarter-century it was the husband-and-wife duo of Henry and Holly Stephenson, two math and computer whizzes who did it all with nothing but a pencil and a piece of paper. This film is the story of how the Stephensons landed their first MLB contract and became The Schedule Makers.
• Collision Course, directed by Billy Corben »
• Arthur & Johnnie, directed by Tate Donovan »
• Wilt Chamberlain: Borscht Belt Bellhop, directed by Caroline Laskow and Ian Rosenberg »
• Tommy and Frank, directed by Richie Keen »
• Cutthroat, directed by Steven Cantor »
• Silver Reunion, directed by Rory Karpf »
• Holy Grail: The T206 Honus Wagner, directed by Nick and Colin Barnicle »
• Disdain the Mundane, directed by Nelson George »
• Ali: The Mission, directed by Amani Martin »
• The Arnold Palmer, directed by Bryan Gordon »
• Jake, directed by Jonathan Hock »
• Arnold’s Blueprint, directed by Michael and Jeff Zimbalist »
• Here Now, directed by Eric Drath »